Weekly Poll Results: Best David Fincher Film

Fight Club

– Fight Club: 18 votes
– Se7en: 9 votes
– The Social Network: 6 votes
– The Game: 3 votes
– Zodiac: 2 votes

Interesting voting! It seems Fight Club has received a lot of (unjust?) backlash in the last few years, but that didn’t matter to you guys. The 1999 cult film ran away with this poll, easily beating out other greats such as Se7en and The Social Network. I am a little surprised that The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo or The Curious Case of Benjamin Button didn’t get any votes — I figured there would be a couple for each, at least.

What are your thoughts? Are you happy that Fight Club won?

THIS WEEK’S POLL:
Once again, I am inspired by the happenings over at Fogs’ Movie Reviews (he’s blowing up over there!). Last week, Fogs ran a wildly popular “great debate” poll in which Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone squared off to decide who was the best, once and for all. Arnie won in a VERY close poll, so in light of this I am giving the Governator his very own spotlight this week.

The question: What is Arnold Schwarzenegger’s best movie?

Have a great weekend, folks!

27 thoughts on “Weekly Poll Results: Best David Fincher Film

1. Pete says:

Damn right it’s Fight Club but Seven is a very worthy contender. Fight Club could fuel debate for hours and hours, year after year and will hopefully still be being discussed in the year 2999.

2. The Blog of Big Ideas says:

This one was hard for me since I have great respect for The Social Network and Se7en. I’m not in love with Fight Club as other people seem to be so it would have been an act of peer pressure had I voted for that one. In any case, the list reflects what I thought would happen.

As for Arnold’s best movie, I’d have to say Terminator 2, which was slightly better than the first in my modest opinion. He’s one of my biggest guilty pleasures so, I have enjoyed almost all of his movies.

Honestly, Fight Club, The Social Network and Se7en are all probably 9/10s in my book. It’s hard to pick among those three, plus Fincher has plenty of other quality films that aren’t too far from those. Can’t wait to see what he does next.

This was a tough poll to vote in. I was seriously tied between Se7en and The Social Network and Fight Club. They’re all fantastic films, but from a director’s standpoint, think he did his best stuff with Fight Club.

Best Arnie film? Another toughie!

Completely agree with you, Jaina. Love all three of those movies, and these results should have been closer than they were, in my opinion.

It will be interesting to see how the Arnie poll turns out. Some great options in there.

Fight Club is clealy a darling of the blogosphere community, I’m happy it won!
    Zodiac I want to rewatch, the complexity of the story demands a second look I think.

I guess I shouldn’t have underestimated the power of Fight Club. :)

I’m with you on Zodiac. Saw it for the first time last year, enjoyed it, but didn’t fall in love with it. I could see another viewing being beneficial.

Interesting how you split that up, John. There is definitely a distinction between “favorite” and “best”, but apparently that didn’t matter here. :)

5. fogsmoviereviews says:

Heh. “Blowing Up” comes with a price. :D I’m just now getting my feet back under me after all of that. Just saw this now…

Surprised that T2 isnt running away with this poll even more than it is E, I thought for SURE it would be an uber landslide!

Thanks for the shout-out, I appreciate it. Be on the lookout for Stallone/Schwarzenegger II in a few months!