Poll Results: Most Anticipated June 2012 Movie Releases

As if there were any doubt:

Prometheus

– Prometheus: 17 votes
– Brave: 9 votes
– Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter: 3 votes
– Seeking a Friend For the End of the World: 3 votes
– Snow White and the Huntsmen: 3 votes
– Magic Mike: 1 vote
– Rock of Ages: 1 vote
– Other: Safety Not Guaranteed: 1 vote

We all knew Prometheus would finish #1, so that’s why I went the multiple choice route with this poll. Brave finished second as expected, but it’s good to see some scattered votes for a handful of other films. June doesn’t look like *too* thrilling of a month overall, but there could be some surprises in there. Here’s hoping!

THIS WEEK’S POLL: With Men in Black 3 opening this weekend, there has been a lot of talk about Will Smith. Fogs’ Movie Reviews had a great discussion about everyone’s perception of the popular actor, and I want to add to it:

What is Will Smith’s best film? Like him or not, the man has had a very successful career so far, and there should be quite a few legit contenders in this poll. Should be fun to see how this one turns out.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!

26 thoughts on “Poll Results: Most Anticipated June 2012 Movie Releases

Right there with ya, Tom. I definitely want to see Prometheus on its opening weekend, something I rarely do. Thanks for stopping by!

1. Ben says:

Think the original Men in Black just about edges out Independence Day but its close. Agree with you about June being a slow month, only want to see Prometheus and Abraham Lincoln.

I’m really curious about Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. It could be a lot of fun, but it really depends how straight they play it. I’ll probably check it out either way. Thanks for stopping by!

Not long until Prometheus now – god damn excited!

I’m a fan of Will Smith. Sure the likes of Seven Pounds and Hancock weren’t anything to write home about, but I like his choice of films and roles.

Was tempted to vote for Bad Boys, it was the role that really made him known as a potential movie star but went for Ali. Transformed himself with an amazing role there.

I really need to see Ali. It definitely seems like a movie I would appreciate. Loving the diversity of votes so far! I don’t think there is going to be a runaway winner at all.

Wow, I think Sir Ridley has a huge hit in his hands, and he desperately needs it too! I voted for BRAVE but hey, I’m anticipating Prometheus, too!

4. Alex Withrow says:

I love partaking in these polls every week. Cannot wait for Prometheus. As for this week’s poll: Ali Bomaye!!

5. Dan says:

There aren’t many times I’ve pre-booked my cinema ticket. In fact, I’ver NEVER pre-booked my cinema ticket and yet I find myself with a numbered seat ready and waiting for me on Friday for Prometheus. Says it all really.Can’t wait!

6. The Blog of Big Ideas says:

Too bad I missed this one since I took a month off from blogging to attend to other things….
    It wouldn’t have mattered much anyway since I’d have voted for Prometheus (my comeback post is a preview of it) and maybe Brave in second place.
    As for MIB III, I’ll probably wait until it comes out on Blu-Ray as I’m not the franchise’ biggest fan.
    Glad to see you’ve kept this blog as good as ever. Come support the revival of mine haha

Hey Niels, glad to see you back in the blogging world! Thank you for the very kind words.

Prometheus was definitely the odds-on favorite in this one. Can’t wait until it comes out next weekend!