Yesterday afternoon my phone started beeping more than usual. I typically receive notifications when I get new emails, so I figured maybe I was just getting an extra batch of newsletters/daily deals/etc. I logged into my email to see that I had a new comment on one of my older blog posts. Okay, cool, nothing unusual. Then I received another comment. Then another. And another. It soon became relentless, with people “liking” my post, commenting and subscribing all at the same time. I couldn’t believe it, could WordPress really have marked my blog as Freshly Pressed?
Yes, there it was, my 50 Movies Project post right there on the front page of WordPress.com. Freakin’ crazy, if you ask me. It has been an absolute whirlwind since I was listed there, and I have done the best I can keeping up with the onslaught of thoughtful comments I have received. It’s amazing how many people check out the Freshly Pressed picks every day, and I have certainly received a lot of helpful suggestions. Here’s the current tally of my blog stats, to give you some idea of what has transpired:
– 3000+ views today alone, nearly 5000 total combined with yesterday (this is WELL above my daily average and wasn’t even fathomable just a few days ago)
– Nearly 250 comments, including my responses (I tried to get back to every single one)
– Over 110 “Likes” on the post
– Over 50 new blog subscribers
– Approximately 9999999 new movie recommendations
It’s been an awesome ride, to say the least. I hope to see an influx of regulars here, and hopefully create some great discussions along the way. Thanks to everyone who has stopped by, especially those who commented/liked/subscribed. You guys rock!