Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I thought I would take this extended holiday weekend to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped The Warning Sign grow over the past year. I started writing nearly every weekday back in September 2010, and the blog has grown tremendously since then. Let’s be honest — I probably wouldn’t still be writing if it weren’t for my loyal readers and commenters. You guys are what keeps me going, so I wanted to share the love with some of my most frequent visitors.
Here is a list of some of my most loyal readers, all of whom I am very thankful for. I have enclosed a couple of sample links for each blog as well, to give an idea of their excellent content.
Scott from Front Room Cinema. FRC is a very prolific movie site with new content added seemingly every day. Scott is a great guy with an undeniable love of film, and it shows through his site.
- Fallen Icon — a new feature that looks at stars who could really use a good comeback
- Scott’s Movie Marathon — 13 movies in one weekend, an impressive accomplishment and a fun read
Ruth from FlixChatter. FlixChatter is a very friendly movie blog with an active community, with Ruth (and her recent Gregory Peck obsession) leading the way. A good mix of reviews, features and banter.
- Weekend Roundup & Musings on Hitchcock’s SPELLBOUND — a great piece on a Hitchcock classic I have yet to see, but now eagerly await
- Five disturbing films you may not have heard of — sure enough, I haven’t heard of any of these!
Gary from The Vortex Effect. TVE has a little bit of everything, but gaming is the main focus. Gary is a terrific writer and delivers high quality reviews on a number of new releases.
- Review: Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception — cannot wait to get my hands on this game!
- Review: God of War Collection — a well-stated summary of why this collection is a must own
Castor from Anomalous Material. AM is a wonderful movie site with all sorts of content: news, reviews, lists, interviews and more. Castor is the Editor-in-Chief and a complete news machine.
- 6 Best Ryan Gosling Performances — a helpful guide to Hollywood’s latest rising star
- Q&A: Favorite Movie Posters — this discussion brought out some truly iconic posters, and it’s a fun one to think about
Jsick from SlickGaming. SG is a really cool gaming blog with some fantastic features/reviews on older titles, as well as new releases.
- Worth Playing vol. 1 — a look at a few under-the-radar video games
- Sunday Roundup — a weekly look at his latest video game hauls; it’s always fun to see what he is able to find
John from My Brain On Games. MBOG is a fun gaming blog that covers new and old titles alike. It’s a combination of full reviews, first impressions and weekly recaps — always good stuff.
- Review: Batman: Arkham City — this review made me excited to play this game and its predecessor
- Review: Gears of War 3 — another great review, and one I am in full agreement with
I apologize for anyone who I have left off this short list, but rest assured that I am aware of who you are, and I am very appreciative of your support. This blog wouldn’t be the same without each and every one of you. I hope everyone has a safe and fulfilling holiday weekend, and here’s to another awesome year!