One thing that I have been wanting to do more of is to become more involved in the blogging community. My Google Reader feed is jammed full of great blogs of all kinds, and I read fantastic articles every day. I would like to share some of these posts with my loyal readers, so these writers can continue to be recognized by more of us. This will be a recurring feature on The Warning Sign, and I am happy to share all of these awesome posts.
- Film Intel has posted a great piece about a book I am currently reading, Cormac McCarthy’s ‘Blood Meridian’, asking why it hasn’t been made into a movie yet.
- John from The Droid You’re Looking For has gathered up a collection of 20 Cool Posters for Silent Movies.
- Scott from Front Room Cinema posted a wonderful article about his recent excursion into cinematic classics.
- Ruth from FlixChatter caused quite a stir with her list of 10 New Years Resolutions she wants from Hollywood, and I agree with most of them.
- I Luv Cinema has comprised a Brief Look at Exploitation Cinema, a fun post with links to a bunch of great articles on the subject.
- CS from Big Thoughts from a Small Mind asked the tough question of who is better: Michael Fassbender or Christian Bale?
- Rich from Wide Screen World wrote about his experience watching The Room for the first time, something every bad movie lover needs to see in a packed theater. Bonus: see my writeup of a presentation of The Room with Tommy Wiseau and Greg Sestero live in person!
- Fogs’ Movie Reviews delivered an extensive preview of the winter’s upcoming films. It’s looking pretty dreary.
- Nate at the First Hour posted a 2011 year in review with a list of all 84 video games he played that year.
- jsick from Slick Gaming found some mint condition NES games in his weekly roundup, not an easy feat.
- John from My Brain on Games wrote a review of the little known PS2 game Fugitive Hunter: War on Terror that culminates with a street fight against Osama bin Laden.
Are there any blog posts/articles that stood out to you guys from the past week? What do you think about the ones listed above?