Poll Results: Best Jason Reitman Film

Going along the lines of last week’s Darren Aronofsky poll, I decided to follow up with another consistently enjoyable director, Jason Reitman. Although he has just four movies to his name, Reitman has received numerous accolades for his work, including Best Picture nominations for Juno and Up in the Air. I thought the results for this poll would be spread out a little more evenly, but you guys were vocal in naming your top choice:

Juno [2007]

– Juno: 9 votes
– Up in the Air: 6 votes
– Thank You For Smoking: 4 votes
– Young Adult: 1 vote

Yep, the Diablo Cody-penned Juno, hamburger phone and all, was voted as YOUR favorite Jason Reitman film! It’s a fun movie, no doubt, but I gotta say I am a little surprised by the results. I figured Up in the Air would get a little more love, and it’s surprising to see his latest release, Young Adult, get just one vote. My personal favorite? Thank You For Smoking. Nice to see that one get a decent amount of votes.

Nice voting everyone! Be sure to vote in the latest poll, regarding this year’s biggest movie releases, on the right side of the page.

22 thoughts on “Poll Results: Best Jason Reitman Film

Ahh! I forgot to vote! I would have gone for Thank You for Smoking or Up in the Air. I liked Juno, but I just didn’t get what the big deal was about it.

2. rtm says:

I’ve only seen Up in the Air and Thank You For Smoking, like both very much. I love your weekly poll, Eric, I’m curious to see who comes out on top as most anticipated of the year as there sure is a ton of competition!

Thanks Ruth! I am surprised to see all of the love for these little polls, but I’m not complaining. It’s so much fun to see what everyone here thinks.

3. Max says:

Eric, you need to make loud Twiiter announcements about these polls. I’d be happy to participate if I knew they were going on. Thank You for Smoking it my favorite film, but Juno is a close second. The other two I don’t care for too much.

You’re right, Max. I should promote these polls more often! I initially started them as a fun little diversion, something extra to do while visiting the blog, but I am surprised to see such a positive reaction to them. I’ll make a greater effort to get people to vote. Thanks!

4. Castor says:

Juno beats all. I must have seen it 6 or 7 times already! I liked Up in the Air and Young Adult as well but nothing made me laugh like Juno 😀

As for the new poll, tough one between Skyfall, Django and TDKR but I must vote for the latter.

5. The Blog of Big Ideas says:

I always find out a bit too late about these polls. I would have picked “Up in the Air” and I am a bit surprised that Juno ended up over it. I think in this case the problem might be related to how popular his releases have been. I doubt very many people have seen “Young Adult” since it’s his latest, same thing goes for the other two. It’s clear that Juno is the better known film he has released so far.

I will be voting on the next poll for sure.

That’s a great point, Niels. It did seem like it would be a two-way race between Up in the Air and Juno simply because they are his most well-known films. I would have thought it would be a little closer, though.

6. dbmoviesblog says:

I seem to be a fan. To be honest, I dislike ‘comedies’, but I have only three in my collection which I enjoy watching every time: ‘Juno’, ‘Thank you For Smoking’ and ‘Up in the Air’. I noticed that serious situation in these films (teenage pregnancy or lung cancer), is turned on its head and is ‘made fun of’ in the films, and I love it. If choosing between the three, I would go for ‘Up in the Air’.

Hi DB, thanks for stopping by! You’re absolutely right in that Reitman has a knack for getting laughs out of any subject, no matter how serious it is. I think that’s why I got such a kick out of Young Adult, as that is about as dark as it gets in terms of comedies.