Happy Friday! I have decided to start doing these poll results every Friday, which is why I kept this one open a little longer. The wait turned out to be a good thing, as this poll had its highest participation yet! Thanks to all who voted. Your most anticipated 2012 movie is:

The Dark Knight Rises

– The Dark Knight Rises: 7 votes
– Django Unchained: 5 votes
– The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey: 5 votes
– The Amazing Spider-Man: 4 votes
– Skyfall: 3 votes
– Prometheus: 3 votes
– The Avengers: 2 votes
– The Hunger Games: 2 votes
– Other: Looper: 1 vote

No surprises here. It seems EVERYONE is excited to see Christopher Nolan’s conclusion to the epic Dark Knight trilogy. Seeing as how every movie listed got a vote (plus Looper), this just shows how strong 2012’s movie lineup is. I am most looking forward to Django Unchained, simply because Tarantino movies don’t come around too often, but I will almost certainly be seeing all of these in the theater. Great voting, guys.

Speaking of Tarantino, be sure to vote in this week’s poll for your favorite Quentin Tarantino film! As always, the poll can be found on the right side of the page. Also, if you have any ideas for future polls, please share them in the comments. I am always open to new ideas.

One more thing: The Warning Sign is now on Facebook! Don’t be afraid to “Like” us and share the love.

Have a great weekend, folks!

29 thoughts on “Poll Results: What major 2012 movie release are you most looking forward to seeing?

I get the feeling that if I were to do this same poll again, Prometheus would be higher. The marketing for that movie has been pretty amazing.

I can’t wait to see both films as well, especially The Hobbit since that is one of my favorite books. It’s going to be a great year!

1. Jim Mahoney says:

I missed the vote too, and I know I said The Avengers before, but I’ve changed my mind. Everything I see about Prometheus makes me desperately want to see it now.

Same here, man. The trailers, the posters, promotional shots, etc. have made me pretty excited to see Prometheus. I’m thinking IMAX is the way to go with that one.

2. moviesandsongs365 says:

Will be interesting to follow what direction Nolan takes Batman in 2012, on the flipside I think it will be next to impossible to better The Dark Knight, so my expectations are moderate for the 3rd installment.

3. The Blog of Big Ideas says:

I cast my vote for Prometheus and I’m surprised to see it so low, but as everyone said, there’s some tough competition. In any case, I’m also looking forward to just about every movie on your list and a few others.
    As for the Tarantino poll, I’ll be surprised if “Pulp Fiction” does not win. It certainly gets my vote.

I think Pulp Fiction is the odds-on favorite for this poll, too, but I’m hoping we see some surprises. It’s cool to see Jackie Brown get a vote already.

4. jsicktheslick says:

Not surprised that Batman won this week’s poll. I think it’s easily the most anticipated film of 2012. I am also very excited for Spider-Man; I hope it’s a good intro to a new series. I’m sad to see the Avengers so low on the list! It looks great too.
    *If you can’t tell, I like the superhero films*

Haha, no worries man. I know last year was stacked with superhero films, but this year’s batch looks even better. The Dark Knight Rises and the Avengers both look fantastic, and it will be interesting to see what is done with the Spider-Man reboot as well.

5. rtm says:

Darn I missed the poll but I’m torn between The Hobbit and TDKR. I suppose if someone put a gun to my head I’d choose the latter, but fortunately we don’t have to choose 🙂