Movies Watched [March 2012]

Happy April! March was a pretty quiet month for me compared to the last few, but I still managed to make good progress on the movie project. Hopefully I can squeeze a few more in this month.

1) The Secret World of Arrietty [2010]
The Secret World of Arrietty [2010]

2) Casino Royale [2006]
Casino Royale [2006]

3) Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai [1999]
Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai [1999]

4) Detour [1945]
Detour [1945]

5) Easy Rider [1969] (rewatch)
Easy Rider [1969]

13) All About Eve [1950]
All About Eve [1950]

14) The Hunger Games [2012]
The Hunger Games [2012]

15) The Bourne Identity [2002]
The Bourne Identity [2002]

How about you guys? See anything amazing last month?

30 thoughts on “Movies Watched [March 2012]

I can’t wait to see We Need to Talk About Kevin. That is one of many 2011 releases I still need to catch up on. I’m going to hit up Redbox soon and check out Young Adult, The Skin I Live In, and a few others.

1. le0pard13 says:

Great mix of film, Eric. We had ‘The Hunger Games’ in common this month. My classic film selection included ‘Casablanca’, ‘The Big Sleep’ and the only film actor Anthony Quinn ever directed, ‘The Buccaneer’. Action-wise it was ‘Merantu’ and ‘The Raid: Redemption’ by Gareth Evans, and starring Iko Uwais. Keep ’em comin’ ;-).

Downfall is pretty great. The Lives of Others made me want to see more of German cinema, so I opted for Downfall since it had been sitting in my Netflix Instant queue for quite some time.

2. rtm says:

Oh geez, I knew I was forgetting someone who inspired me for the monthly write-up! I’ve fixed my post to give a proper credit to you Eric 🙂

Glad you finally saw a Bond movie! Yay, what did you think of Casino Royale? I hope you’re up for more Bond flicks.

I’ve been wanting to see ‘The Lives of Others’ as I’ve heard all kinds of great things about it. Too bad Donnersmarck’s follow up ‘The Tourist’ is so terrible!

Haha, well thanks Ruth, I appreciate it. But I have to admit that this post was hardly my idea — I have seen quite a few bloggers doing the same thing. Still a fun way to keep track of movie viewings, though.

I had a lot of fun with Casino Royale. I included a link to my review in this post. 😀 Looking forward to seeing more from Mr. Bond.

I think you would LOVE The Lives of Others. Incredible film… can’t wait to write about it soon.

3. sanclementejedi says:

Eric, I just watched Death Race 2000 myself, that was …. something lol.

That pic makes me want to watch Easy Rider again

Haha I had no idea Stallone was in that film either. I figured there would be lots of boobs and violence since I had heard about Ebert’s scathing zero-star review, but I wasn’t expecting to see a pre-Rocky Stallone.

• sanclementejedi says:

damn 0 stars…. I was thinking of reviewing it and I was perplexed what to give the film but I don’t know if I would go that low 🙂

Haha yeah, same predicament here. I have no clue how I would rate that movie… I feel no matter what score I would select, it wouldn’t do it justice.

I’m hoping for a better April, too, but this month might be even busier for me. I’m taking a mini-vacation next weekend and will have to work more hours to make up for the lost time. We’ll see if I can squeeze in the same amount of movies as usual.

Happy April! to you too! Easy Rider, that’s an “easy” movie to rewatch ( :
    Into the Wild has one of my favorite soundttracks (and trailers) EVER. The Indian Runner and The Pledge Sean Penn also directed are in my opinion underappreciated.

I haven’t seen either one of those, but I am definitely interested after seeing Into the Wild. I can’t believe it took me this long to finally watch it.

5. The Blog of Big Ideas says:

wow, great selection there. All About Eve, Downfall and The Lives of Others are all among my favorites of all time. I reviewed Downfall not long ago as part of my IMDB top 250 challenge. Feel free to check it out if you’d like:

As for the rest, I’ve seen both The Bourne Identity and Casino Royale, two great thrillers. I hope you choose to go back in time with the Bond series, I seriously think the last Bond installment is not worth watching.

Niels

I definitely plan on going backwards with the Bond films. I received quite a few great recommendations in my Casino Royale post — now I just need to find the time to watch them!