Poll Results: Favorite Batman Actor

Batman has been played by a lot of people over the years, but the race for favorite actor pretty much came down to two men. After a push near the end, there was no doubt who the winner was:

Christian Bale as Batman

– Christian Bale: 9 votes
– Adam West: 6 votes
– Michael Keaton: 2 votes
– Val Kilmer: 2 votes
– George Clooney: 1 vote

I don’t know if there was a better choice than Christian Bale to play Batman in the Dark Knight Trilogy. Bale has been an absolute force in the last decade, and it seems like a lot of you are pretty big fans fans of his portrayal of Bats as well. I don’t know about you guys, but this poll has made me want to revisit the pre-Nolan Batman films. It has been a looong time since I saw any of them.

Have a great weekend everyone, and make sure to vote in this week’s new American Reunion-themed poll.

19 thoughts on “Poll Results: Favorite Batman Actor

1. An says:

I guess Bale’s good because Nolan is good. He brings out the best of his actors, through directing and especially through his screenplays.

Hi An, that’s a great point. Nolan and Bale are terrific together, and Bale really fits in perfectly with the dark and gritty vision of the latest movies. I am really looking forward to seeing The Dark Knight Rises.

2. Castor says:

I love the mention of Roadtrip in the new poll. I’m not going to vote for it but I love the mention, good sir 🙂

3. The Blog of Big Ideas says:

While I love that Adam West received some votes, I wish he had gotten a bit less if that meant Michael Keaton would have gotten a couple more. I do think however that Christian Bale is the best one yet.

4. rtm says:

Hi Eric! I didn’t forget to vote this time and I definitely picked Bale. I quite like Kilmer actually, but Bale’s the best in the bunch surely.

Glad you remembered to vote, Ruth. 🙂

Bale seemed to be a lock, but you never know what kind of surprises these polls will bring about. It was nice to see Adam West finish second.

I was wondering who that one person was who voted Clooney. Could only be Dan!

Bale is my #1 Batman. What I have loved with the Nolan films is that combined, the two of them have given us a different Batman to the ones we’ve had before. Sure he’s got fragments of Michael Keaton’s and Kilmer’s, but he’s such a different Batman. More human.