Poll Results: Favorite HBO Series

Last week’s poll winner came right down to the wire (no pun intended)…

Game of Thrones

– Game of Thrones: 7 votes
– The Wire: 6 votes
– The Sopranos: 3 votes
– Six Feet Under: 2 votes
– Entourage: 2 votes
– Rome: 2 votes
– Big Love: 1 vote
– Boardwalk Empire: 1 vote
– Curb Your Enthusiasm: 1 vote
– True Blood: 1 vote
– Other: Band of Brothers: 1 vote (sorry, mini-series don’t count for this poll)

Wow. I must say I am a little surprised to see the newcomer Game of Thrones win this one. It’s an awesome show, no doubt, but it doesn’t have the long-lasting legacy that so many other HBO series have (at least not yet). My prediction beforehand was that The Wire would win out, but it finished a close second. It was nice to see so many shows get some love here — great voting everyone!

This week’s poll: What is the best Tim Burton & Johnny Depp collaboration?

30 thoughts on “Poll Results: Favorite HBO Series

I was hoping The Wire would win as well, but hey, Game of Thrones is pretty damn awesome, too. Sucks this season is already near the end.

1. Gary Smith says:

I went with Alice in Wonderland, though I enjoy all of them. Not a fair vote from me since I haven’t seen Dark Shadows yet. Sleepy Hollow is a close second for me.

Alice in Wonderland is actually the only one of these I have seen, heh… it’s a shame I can’t even vote in my own poll this week. Just figured this would be a good one with the release of Dark Shadows and all.

2. Dave says:

Damn, I must have just missed this poll. I totally would have voted for The Wire, which would have tied things up. HBO has never produced a more stunning show. Shiiiiit….

It’s amazing how much thought/detail was put into the GoT world. It’s easy to spend hours just reading through the extras on the season one Blu-ray. Just so much material.

I’m kinda glad GoT won. It’s a fantastic show. Maybe the writing’s not as fantastic as The Wire, but I stand by what I said before – it’s made it “cool” to be into fantasy.

This week, gone for Edward Scissor Hands. It was between that and Sleepy Hollow. I think Tim Burton did Gothic best with Sleepy Hollow, though love the whimsy and romantic side of Scissor Hands more.

Yeah, I never thought I would get into a fantasy show, but I love Game of Thrones. Maybe I should give a sci-fi show a chance now since I seem to be broadening my horizons. 🙂

Aiyah, I forgot to vote again!! Well I’d have gone w/ ROME but I haven’t seen too many so maybe I’m not eligible 🙂

I did vote in your new poll though.

5. sati says:

Wow, that’s awesome and also surprising. I’m addicted to goT but I think it’s too soon for such high honors for the series, if it continues to be this good for next 2-3 seasons, absolutely yes, but not just now.

6. sanclementejedi says:

Somehow I missed voting in this poll. But if I had it would have been for Game of Thrones !!!! Death to King Joffrey!

Ahah, so you would have broken the tie with The Wire anyway! 🙂

I can’t stand Joffrey. I am waiting patiently for all of the Lannisters to get their comeuppance (hopefully).

7. impsndcnma says:

Wait!? There’s good extras on the Blu-ray release of GoT? I have the set, I better look into that. I read the first book and loved it. It’s just they are very long reads. I follow the second season weekly though!

Dude, the Blu-ray set is STACKED. Lots of goodies on there, including a *huge* interactive encyclopedia that tells you pretty much anything you could ever want to know about Westeros. I’m still checking out some of the video extras, but I think there’s a “making of” featurette as well.