Poll Results: Best Wes Anderson Film

Moonrise Kingdom has been getting a lot of acclaim, but here is what you guys voted as Wes Anderson’s best film:

Fantastic Mr. Fox

– Fantastic Mr. Fox: 8 votes
– The Royal Tenenbaums: 4 votes
– Rushmore: 2 votes
– The Darjeeling Limited: 2 votes
– The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou: 2 votes

Wes Anderson’s film adaptation of Roald Dahl’s classic novel seems to have connected with many of you, and for good reason. Fantastic Mr. Fox is a fun little movie, one that is enjoyable for all ages. I must say I am a little surprised that Rushmore didn’t get more votes. Perhaps I should have included The Royal Tenenbaums in my movie project instead…?

THIS WEEK’S POLL: Since Madagascar 3 has run wild at the box office this weekend, I thought it would be fun to look at the history of DreamWorks Studios. With 24 films to choose from, my question to you is, what is the best film from DreamWorks Studios?

Are you guys happy with the latest results? What do you think about this week’s poll?

23 thoughts on “Poll Results: Best Wes Anderson Film

1. le0pard13 says:

No question, it’s Peter Lord, Nick Park’s ‘Chicken Run’. With clear homage to one of the great WWII dramas, ‘The Great Escape’, and with an inspired female heroine, what’s not to like? Thanks, Eric.

p.s., Madagascar 3 will remain a rental for me (I never really liked this animated series). I spent my money on ‘Prometheus’ at an IMAX ;-).

Chicken Run seems to have the highest critical acclaim of the group — it’s sitting nicely at 96% on Rotten Tomatoes. Come to think of it, I don’t think I have ever actually seen that one all the way through. Sounds like I need to do something about that.

I also saw Prometheus over the weekend, but not in IMAX. I bet that was incredible. Future TMT entry? 😀

I am ashamed to admit I have never seen anything from Wallace and Gromit. I have really missed the boat with a lot of animated films, it seems.

Anderson is an acquired taste, for sure. I haven’t quite fallen in love with him as so many have, but I still plan on catching Moonrise Kingdom in the theater.

2. gotounknown says:

I have yet to see the new Moonrise Kingdom, but as far as the his old movies are concerned I totally love Fantastic Mr. Fox; it has to be one of my top 5 animated/doll movies of all times!

3. fogsmoviereviews says:

Im the only person to vote for Rushmore. I voted for it twice unwittingly.

I’m heading down the same path with Kung Fu Panda, apparently, where I’m the only person to vote for that.

You need to steer your people in the right direction Eric, get on that!

Haha well I get the feeling that you won’t be alone on Kung Fu Panda by the end of this. It’s definitely a fan favorite!

And I am pretty surprised that Rushmore didn’t finish higher in the voting. You need to send some of your MTESS supporters this way! 😀

4. John says:

My deal with Wes Anderson is that he’s one of the few directors whose careers I’ve followed from start to finish. I saw Rushmore in the theatre when I was 23, felt very uncomfortable, laughed a lot, and thought it was pretty good. Then I watched it again a year later and loved it more. Then I saw Tenenbaums and went bananas for it. And… well, the only Wes Anderson film I really dislike at this point is Bottle Rocket.

But there is absolutely a nostalgia component to my appreciation of Wes Anderson. It’s hard not to think of Wes Anderson when I think of movies I saw in my 20s and early 30s. So maybe my opinion is flawed.

I’d write more but this has given me an idea for an article. I CAN’T JUST GIVE AWAY THE CONTENT! (sorry, I’m sort of drunk)

So happy Fantastic Mr. Fox won. I think it might have won because it’s definitely the most accessible out of all of Wes’ films. Anyone can watch that and enjoy it.

I’ve gone for How to Train Your Dragon. It’s the only one that’s had close to the amount of heart, humour and utter joy of any Pixar film. The entire package is right there. Amazing little film.

I can definitely agree with you on Fantastic Mr. Fox being the most accessible of Anderson’s work. I fell in love with it right away, something that I cannot say about any of his other films (yet).

6. Morgan R. Lewis says:

A lot of those Dreamworks pictures I still need to see… Madagascar and the Shrek movies are all right, and Curse of the Were-Rabbit was great, but I don’t think I’ve laughed as hard at an animated feature as I did at Over the Hedge in a long time.

I’m in the same boat, Morgan. I have seen a few, but nowhere near enough for me to vote on this one. I’ll have to check out Over the Hedge.

Still need to watch this one, especially since everyone seems to love it. Your latest poll is really tough man, I ended up voting for ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ but I also LOVE ‘Chicken Run.’

8. sati says:

Owww, Mr Fox is so cute. One of my favorite animated movies. In new poll I vote for Shrek, which I feel revolutionized things a bit – after that more adults actually see animated movies, even without children. Cool refrences and clever humour bring a lot to animated films.

I should probably give Shrek another shot. I didn’t like it at all when it came out, but my tastes have changed quite a bit since then. It’s cool that you are a Mr. Fox fan as well. 🙂