Poll Results: Best DreamWorks Animation Film

Thanks to being Freshly Pressed last week, we had our best turnout yet for the weekly poll. A whopping 148 votes were cast! Here is what was selected as the best film from DreamWorks Animated Studio:

– How to Train Your Dragon: 40 votes
– Shrek: 31 votes
– Kung Fu Panda: 16 votes
– Chicken Run: 11 votes
– Megamind: 10 votes
– Antz: 8 votes
– Madagascar: 8 votes
– The Prince of Egypt: 7 votes
– Over the Hedge: 5 votes
– Shrek 2: 5 votes
– Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit: 4 votes
– Kung Fu Panda 2: 3 votes
– Other votes:
— Tie between “Megamind” and “Over the Hedge”: 1 vote (fair enough, but you couldn’t pick one?)
— “man in black 3”: 1 vote (umm…)
— Madagascar 3: 1 vote (cool, guess some people dig the new one)
— “fghyjty” (why not?)

With so many votes cast, there were great showings for many of these movies. This just goes to show how successful DreamWorks Animation has been over the years — even their latest release, Madagascar 3, got a write-in vote.

This Week’s Poll: In light of the release of Rock of Ages, let’s take a look at the filmography of Tom Cruise. Since he has had such a long and successful career, I am going to open up the voting for selecting the TWO best Tom Cruise movies. Lots of options with this one… what do you think will be selected #1?

Hope you guys have had a great weekend, and happy Father’s Day to all of the great dads in the world!

28 thoughts on “Poll Results: Best DreamWorks Animation Film

1. Pete says:

Very interesting result. This week I voted Top Gun and Last Samurai but MI4 is definitely close. A lot of good options there so I reckon this might be pretty close between quite a few. Very curious to see how well Top gun will do.

I think the nostalgia factor will bring in some extra votes for Top Gun. Given the length of Cruise’s career, this may be the most difficult poll yet. Thanks for voting Pete!

Hell YES to Dragon winning! I’m a fairly new fan to that film, but it totally and utterly won me over so bad when I watched it. Though… am I wrong in remembering, it came from one of the guys that brought us Lilo and Stitch? So there’s some Disney calibre in there.

Voted for Top Gun and The Last Samurai as well. Two of my all time favourites from Mr. Cruise.

So, guess I need to see How to Train Your Dragon, eh? I honestly wasn’t expecting that to win this poll so I suppose I should check it out.

3. jackdeth72 says:

Cool results!

I liked ‘Dragon’ from the first few minutes. Even without 3-D. ‘Toothless’ is going to be around for a long time.

Yep, you said it. As I put this poll together, I couldn’t believe how many genuinely great movies Cruise has been in. Lots of viable choices.

• sati says:

Woah, my brain is dying, totally overlooked ‘pick two’ ๐Ÿ™‚ My second vote goes for Interview with the Vampire – love this movie and Cruise’s work as Lestat, despite the hard work of the producers to keep him as a vilain and horror cliched monster really shines, he completely captured his character.

Wahoo!!! I LOVE it, it’s what I voted for. I mean Gerry Butler is one of the voice cast, so naturally ๐Ÿ˜€ Actually I love Chicken Run too, but I think HTTYD is one I’d watch over and over again, that Toothless is adorable!

• ruth says:

Ooooh that’d be heavenly! I guess animated features weren’t huge back in his hey day but Peck did a bunch of voice over work for radio, books, etc. That magnificent voice… [swoon] ๐Ÿ˜‰

5. Castor says:

Yea, I would say How To Train Your Dragon is the best DreamWorks animated film. Over the years, one thing has been clear to me. I’m not a big fan of DreamWorks animations ๐Ÿ˜‰

New poll: Collateral and A Few Good Men.

6. tranquilspace says:

Very glad HTTYD won by such a clear margin. I love that film. I actually voted for Curse of the Were Rabbit, which is a masterpiece…..actually if I had to choose between the two…….angsty brow has befallen me.

7. Aislynn says:

โ€“ Tie between โ€œMegamindโ€ and โ€œOver the Hedgeโ€: 1 vote (fair enough, but you couldnโ€™t pick one?)

No, I could not. I love both of them, I even re-watched them just to see if I could choose between them. Can’t do it, sorry ๐Ÿ˜‰