Poll Results: Best Christopher Nolan Film + Weekend Roundup

Had a busy weekend so this post is a bit late. It turns out we had a close race for Christopher Nolan’s best film, but there could be only one winner:

The Dark Knight poster

– The Dark Knight: 11 votes
– Inception: 9 votes
– Memento: 5 votes
– The Dark Knight Rises: 5 votes
– Batman Begins: 1 vote
– The Prestige: 1 vote

The Dark Knight and Inception were neck-and-neck all week, but the much-loved Batman film prevailed. Interesting to see five votes already for TDKR, but only one vote for The Prestige?

This Week’s Poll: I thought it would be fun to reflect on the year so far, now that we are a full seven months deep. My question for you is: what is the best film from this year so far? Even though 2012’s best will almost certainly be released during the fall/winter, there are still many excellent candidates right now. Will a huge blockbuster like The Dark Knight Rises or The Avengers win out, or will a beloved indie flick like Moonrise Kingdom or Beasts of the Southern Wild be victorious?

WEEKEND ROUNDUP:
Saturday: Work, work and more work. After a long day, I did have a fun evening of gaming with a good buddy of mine. We played some Borderlands, which I hadn’t fired up in nearly two years. For some reason, the game immediately sent us to the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, a DLC pack that I bought a long time ago but never played. We busted through a handful of quests and I knocked out a couple achievements. Seems like a pretty cool expansion, though I was definitely a little rusty at first. I had no idea the sequel is coming out next month, so I will probably play some more to prepare myself for the new one.

Sunday: For the first time in AGES, both my girlfriend and I spent an entire day free from work, and we didn’t even turn on a computer at any point. You have no idea how rare that is for either of us. We had a much-needed getaway out of the city and took an epic bike ride up north. We spent the day riding along bike trails through various suburbs, played some mini-golf, hit up some batting cages, ate some great food and even took in a movie at a really nice theater. We saw The Intouchables, which was quite good. I was a little skeptical at first because we have seen enough of the “rich white guy” helps “poor black man” type movies, but this was actually really well-executed. Great performances from both leads, especially the very charismatic Omar Sy. I’ll be writing a full review of this one soon.

So yeah, a really fun Sunday, though I am certainly feeling the aftereffects of the long bike ride today. It was worth it.

How about you guys? What did you do over the weekend?

15 thoughts on “Poll Results: Best Christopher Nolan Film + Weekend Roundup

1. Fogs' Movie Reviews says:

The Avengers’ll get its votes.

I just wanted to ensure “The Raid” didnt get shut out.

Meanwhile, sorry to hear your work imposes on you so much. That’s a bummer bro, I know how that can be. Hang in there!

I almost neglected to include The Raid. Good thing I did. πŸ™‚

Work usually isn’t this bad. My job is generally quite flexible, but the summer months are always a little rough. Work can be sporadic, so I have to take advantage of it while I have it. But hey, at least it pays for my trips to the movies and such! πŸ˜€

2. Castor says:

Tough to say which movie was the best of the year. A few movies I really liked but so far, I’m a bit disappointed that nothing is really pulling ahead of the pack for me. I guess I will vote for Moonrise Kingdom.

Yeah I hear ya, Cap. The best movies always seem to come out in the second half. There have been a few great ones so far, but no real standout winner yet.

3. Buster the Administrator says:

You had an epic weekend, sir. I hit up the drive-in with a couple of chums. It was glorious.

Glad to see The Dark Knight take it in this poll. It truly is a flawless film. It is hard to pick the best Nolan film though. All are great.

-Steve

4. Dan says:

My favourite Nolan film remains The Prestige. It is just so unique and that twisting, turning plot keeps you gripped the entire way. Of course, all his films are great although Insomnia is a little way behind the ones he’s written/directed.

5. sati says:

I’m sad to actually vote for TDKR in new poll as I’d probably be the only person who votes for Prometheus πŸ™‚ But after seeing TDKR it is a clear winner for me.

Hey if Prometheus is your favorite then you should vote for it πŸ˜€

But yeah, TDKR is going to be hard to beat right now. Probably my favorite so far.

• sati says:

Prometheus was my fav until I saw TDKR, I was so surprised I liked TDKR more than Idris, Charlize and Fassy together on screen in Alien prequel with weird creatures and spooky shit πŸ™‚

We all need our time away from the blogosphere, understandable.

The Intouchables, the friendship and comedy moments won me over.Omar Sy beat Jean Dujardin(The Artist) for best actor at The CΓ©sar Awards(French Oscars)

Oh wow, didn’t know Sy won that award. He definitely deserved it, though. I don’t think The Intouchables would have been half as good without his charismatic performance.