No doubt about this one:
– The Thing: 14 votes
– Halloween: 9 votes
– Big Trouble in Little China: 6 votes
– Assault on Precinct 13: 3 votes
– Escape from New York: 2 votes
– They Live: 2 votes
– Christine: 1 vote
– Escape from L.A.: 1 vote
– The Fog: 1 vote
– Memoirs of an Invisible Man: 1 vote
– Prince of Darkness: 1 vote
– Starman: 1 vote
– Village of the Damned: 1 vote
– Dark Star, Ghosts of Mars, In the Mouth of Madness, Vampires and The Ward: 0 votes
The results weren’t too far off from what I expected, but I’ve gotta admit that I was hoping for more votes for They Live. Can’t argue with The Thing winning — that movie holds up remarkably well today.
This Week’s Poll: Continuing with the month-long horror poll theme, I would like to know what you consider the absolute best long-running horror franchise. I generally included only those with five or more films, and I’m asking you to take into account the whole franchise. When looked at as a whole, which one is best?
The Warning Sign news:
No weekend roundup this time. Instead, I have two announcements pertaining to this humble little blog:
2) I was invited to partake in an epic Out of the Park Baseball league organized by Seamheads.com. Dubbed the “Laundry League”, there are 30 of us participating (including a handful of ex-MLB players, authors and online personalities), and we were each given a team filled with players from throughout the entire history of MLB. It’s a pretty awesome concept, and each team is stacked with guys who are rated based on the best year of their careers. I will be the Chicago White Sox. The full results of the inaugural draft can be found over at Seamheads.
While I am on the subject of discussing The Warning Sign, I would also like to invite everyone to “Like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. This blog has grown exponentially over the past year, and I would like to continue pushing forward in that direction. Thank you to everyone for your continued support — without all of you, none of this would exist!