Poll Results: Best Horror Film from the 2000s

Our run of horror-themed polls has come to a close. Here is what was voted as the best horror film from the 2000s:

The Descent

– Dawn of the Dead: 1 vote
– High Tension: 1 vote
– The Others: 1 vote
– Session 9: 1 vote
– Trick ‘r Treat: 1 vote

Write-in votes:
– Ringu: 1 vote (1998 release, sorry)
– Shaun of the Dead: 1 vote (probably should have included this!)
– Surveillance: 1 vote (hadn’t even head of this one, but now I’m curious)

Awesome, awesome voting this time around! Very pleased to see The Descent win, as that was definitely one of my highlights from last month’s viewings. Always good to have a wide variety of votes, too.

This Week’s Poll: I had thought about doing a political-related poll this week, but I figured everyone is tired of hearing about politics lately. Instead, let’s shift gears to a more enjoyable topic: Studio Ghibli. Instead of asking for the “best” Studio Ghibli film, I want to know your favorite. There are plenty of great choices for this one.

Have a great week everyone!

27 thoughts on “Poll Results: Best Horror Film from the 2000s

1. The Heretic says:

Oh man! Don’t make me choose out of the Ghibli library! I love them all, except Only Yesterday because I haven’t seen it yet. Have you seen the music video they made for a Japanese pop duo? The song is called “On Your Mark”.

What?? I would have figured Studio Ghibli films would be right up your alley, Ruth! Is there a certain reason you don’t want to see any of them?

• ruth says:

Oh no I meant your previous poll on horror. I did vote on the Studio Ghibli one, I’ve only seen Spirited Away so far though, but would be willing to check out the rest. Sorry for the confusion πŸ™‚

Hahaha, my bad on that one. I figured you might have meant that after I posted my comment. I can understand not wanting to see most of those horror films πŸ˜€

Nice to see The Descent taking the top spot. Thanks again for recommending it to me!
    I’ve hardly watched any Studio Ghibli, so needless to say I’m out of that poll. That political poll sounded like fun, oh well, maybe another time!

3. jackdeth72 says:

Hi, Eric and company:

Kind of pleased that ‘The Descent’ won. It’s nice to see directors going to the masters’ bag of tricks regarding lighting. Or lack of it. A tense score, echoes, sporadic, intensifying shocks and a scary, creepy topic effectively taking the place of expensive special effects to make a memorable film!

Of course, having a bevy of attractive, kick ass chicks around doesn’t hurt, either.

Hi Jack, well said on The Descent! I was very impressed with the lack of lighting in the film, something the inferior sequel completely ignored (among many other things). Great to hear you’re a fan as well, my friend.

4. Anders says:

Thanx for the tip man, and all other voters, I have to see The Descent now πŸ™‚ I am always on the look out for new, good movies. It is very hard to find good horror movies, 99% of them are just c**p throughout, but the good ones are worth the “search”. I love being scared, but not many movies succeeds! Hoping for The Descent πŸ™‚

Anytime, man. There were quite a few of us bloggers who got to see The Descent for the first time last month, and everyone gave it glowing remarks. You’ll have to let me know what you think of it!

5. ilovethatfilm says:

Wow so much love for The Descent! Missed the Ghibli vote but Django and Hobbit are probably my most anticipated films at the moment!