Poll Results: Most Anticipated 2012 Film (November & December)

I think it’s safe to say our winner will do well at the box office.

The Hobbit

– The Hobbit: 16 votes
– Django Unchained: 9 votes
– Les Miserables: 6 votes
– Breaking Dawn Part 2: 4 votes
– Hitchcock: 3 votes
– Killing Them Softly: 2 votes
– Life of Pi: 2 votes
– Silver Linings Playbook: 2 votes
– Zero Dark Thirty: 2 votes
– Amour: 1 vote
– Anna Karenina: 1 vote
– Rise of the Guardians: 1 vote

No real surprise here. Despite The Hobbit (unnecessarily) being split into three films, there are still a lot of people excited to see it. Hopefully Peter Jackson can rekindle the same magic found in his Lord of the Rings trilogy.

This Week’s Poll: Since The Hobbit has generated so much excitement, now seems to be a good time to settle a popular debate. Which fantasy series do you prefer: Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter? I know there are diehard fans of both, so this should be a fun poll. Can Tolkien reign supreme once again?

Any thoughts on either poll? Did your selection(s) win?

26 thoughts on “Poll Results: Most Anticipated 2012 Film (November & December)

1. VictorsMovieReviews says:

It’s an apples and oranges comparison.

Harry Potter is a great franchise, but it is aimed at a younger audience that aged as the characters aged. LOTR is aimed at adults.

I can watch any of the three LOTR films, but tend to only gravitate to the later Potter films.

2. paulbowler says:

I’m really looking forward to the Hobbit, going to be fun to return to the LOTR again. I really like the LOTR films and books, The Fellowship of the Ring is my favourite. I’ve never really been a fan of the Harry Potter films, seen a couple of them, but I just like the LOTR films more.

Glad people are in agreement about The Hobbit!! Can’t wait to see it. I actually got an advanced screening to it but unfortunately I’ll be out of the country until Christmas.

So I think you could guess which franchise I voted for in your current poll 🙂

Only seen 1 Harry Potter film. It was midway through the series and I still thought none of the kids could act. Never seen the appeal.

LOTR on the other hand – loved! Grew up reading the books and the films are just an extension of that.

Haha well I’m right there with you on Harry Potter. I have seen all of them since my girlfriend is a huge fan, but I never got the appeal either. I’ll take LOTR any day, and it seems everyone is in agreement on that so far.

5. Nostra says:

Well, I’m still looking forward to Django Unchained more than the Hobbit, but I can understand the excitement.

As for LOTR or Potter, just looking at my DVD collection I have to go with the first as I don’t have any Potter movies. I must admit though that although I’ve the extended movies I don’t think I ever watched them.

Django Unchained is my most anticipated film, too.

I’ll never forget spending an entire day to watching the LOTR trilogy — all extended cuts — back-to-back-to-back. I was burned out by the end, but it’s a good series. 🙂

I never did finish reading all of LOTR. Got about 1/3 into The Two Towers, I believe. The Hobbit, on the other hand, I have read more than once. Happy to finally have a new film adaptation for that one.

6. filmdrivel says:

I think I must be the only person in the world that doesn’t like the LOTR films, can’t believe they’re stretching the Hobbit into 3 films as well. I’m not much of a HP fan but I definitely preferred the last 3 or 4 of them to LOTR. Bring On Django Unchained!!

To be honest, I am not much of a fan of either series. The Hobbit was one of my favorite books back in the day, but I don’t like that it’s being stretched into three films… Two was bad enough!