Poll Results: PC vs. Mac vs. Linux

PC, Mac or Linux? The winner:

old-pc

– PC: 10 votes
– Mac: 7 votes
– Linux: 0 votes

Long live the PC! Thankfully we have grown from the days of large IBM computers with dual floppy disk drives, and it’s even better to have a variety of solid options these days. Windows is improving with every version (well, that remains to be seen with Windows 8), Macs has been reliable for years now, and Linux has all sorts of free distros to choose from. And with the advent of tablets and smartphones, we live in an exciting time for new technology.

This Week’s Poll: Let’s get back to movies this week. Since it’s now December, it’s time to bust out the egg nog, Christmas tree and (unfortunately) the holiday music. It’s also the best time of the year to watch Christmas films, of which there are quite a few annual classics. My question for you is: what is your favorite Christmas film? Since there are so many to choose from, I am allowing for TWO votes. Are there any that you watch every year?

Have a great week, folks!

15 thoughts on “Poll Results: PC vs. Mac vs. Linux

1. The Heretic says:

I usually watch the following films and shows when the first week of December rolls around: The Wizard of Oz, Return to Oz, Tin Man, (How The Grinch Stole Christmas (animated), Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer and the Island of Misfit Toys, Tokyo Godfathers, The Ref, and A Christmas Story.

Wow, that’s quite the lineup! I’ll probably catch the Grinch and Rudolph sometime this month, and Charlie Brown, too. I have always had a soft spot for the Charlie Brown specials.

Glad to see PC won. I’m surprised though. Macs are pretty epic-ly popular. I’m a PC person all the way. Even if I have to sometimes work on Macs, I just don’t get the appeal!

Voted for Nightmare Before Christmas. It’s just the music that I love. So .. another Christmas fave of mine is, not surprisingly, Edward Scissorhands.

Same here, Jaina! I have dabbled with all three systems, but I keep coming back to PC. I feel like its bad rep is undeserved.

Ah, good call on Edward Scissorhands! Totally forgot about that one.

3. Gary Smith says:

Thanks for including the “other” option since my favorite wasn’t one of the choices. That’d be “Jingle All the Way,” which I watch two or three times every December. Elf is my second one (I’m a sucker for anything with Zooey).

I’m with The Heretic there too, always watch Wizard of Oz when it comes on and have watched Tin Man every year since it first aired (again, I ❤ Zooey). Need to upgrade my Tin Man DVD to a Tin Man Blu-ray this year.

I don’t watch any of the new Christmas movies that come out now, but there are 2-3 from my childhood I might put on. Home Alone, or Gremlins even. My favorite is probably Santa Claus The Movie (1985) -which cost $50million(remember that was 1985!)

I don’t think I have ever seen Santa Claus the Movie, actually. That’s quite the budget for an ’85 movie.

I might have to revisit Home Alone this year. Loved the hell out of that as a kid but haven’t seen it since.