Out of many, many possible choices, here’s what you guys selected as this year’s biggest Oscar snub:
– “Moonrise Kingdom” for Best Picture: 7 votes
– Ben Affleck for “Argo” (directing): 6 votes
– “The Dark Knight Rises” for Anything: 4 votes
– “The Master” for Best Picture: 3 votes
– Paul Thomas Anderson for “The Master“: 3 votes
– Kathryn Bigelow for “Zero Dark Thirty“: 2 votes
– Leonardo DiCaprio for “Django Unchained“: 2 votes
– Quentin Tarantino for “Django Unchained“: 2 votes
– “The Intouchables” for Best Foreign Language Film: 2 votes
– John Hawkes for “The Sessions“: 1 vote
– Marion Cotillard for “Rust and Bone“: 1 vote
– Looper or Cloud Atlas for ANYTHING: 1 vote (shocked at these snubs myself)
Last year was a pretty strong year for films, and the Academy could have easily rounded the Best Picture nominations to an even ten — whether it’s Moonrise Kingdom, The Master or otherwise. Sticking with “just” nine is a bit of a head-scratcher, and many of these other snubs are glaring as well. I must say I am happier with this year’s nominations compared to those from 2011, but there’s still plenty to complain about as always.
This Week’s Poll: Last week I posted my top 10 films from 2012. Since I already highlighted my best of the year, I would like to hear *your* thoughts. What is your personal favorite from my top 10 list? In order to further diversify the results, I am allowing two votes.
Have a great week everyone!