Poll Results: Favorite Video Game From 2012

It was looking like we might have an upset, but this game came roaring back at the end:

The Walking Dead

– Fez: 1 vote
– Halo 4: 1 vote
– Hitman: Absolution: 1 vote
– Mass Effect 3: 1 vote
– Max Payne 3: 1 vote
– Persona 4: The Golden: 1 vote

Sixteen (!) games received votes, which may be a new poll record. Last year was stacked with great games, but I agree with you guys: The Walking Dead stood tall above the rest. No game has ever provided the type of emotional experience for me quite like Telltale’s adventure saga.

This Week’s Poll: Despite atrocious critical reviews, the new Die Hard film topped the box office over the weekend. Rather than dwell on a series that has apparently been pushed too far, let’s focus on the highlights of its star, Bruce Willis. What two films do you consider to be the best in Bruce Willis’ filmography?

Have a great week everyone!

22 thoughts on “Poll Results: Favorite Video Game From 2012

1. Morgan R. Lewis says:

I think I’m going to have to go with Die Hard and Unbreakable. The Sixth Sense was good, but I can’t picture watching it again. Pulp Fiction is arguably a better movie than the two I picked, but I just don’t think of it as a Bruce Willis movie; it usually takes me a few minutes to even remember he’s in it.

2. The Heretic says:

Finally played Walking Dead all of the way through. The game’s storyline was definitely emotional, some parts of the game’s mechanics were just OK to me.

I went with Moonrise Kingdom and Hudson Hawk for my choices for Bruce Willis films.

Yeah, some of the point-and-click stuff was rough around the edges, but the storyline and character development were top notch. I felt the writing more than made up for any gameplay shortcomings. Glad you were able to finish the game!

3. John says:

I missed the voting and of the awesome bunch I’ve only played Far Cry 3, Journey, and Mass Effect 3. Still, between those three it’d be tough. I think Journey is phenomenal but I’d probably drop it in favor of the sheer vastness of the other two.

Did Hard (1988) is a rewatchable classic, no doubt. Even so I’m going to vote for a couple of personal faves which deserve more love, 12 Monkeys, & The Fifth Element

Hey man, great to see you around these parts again! You really ought to give The Walking Dead a shot. It’s a pretty quick playthrough — just five episodes, each roughly two hours long. Some of the best storytelling I have ever seen in a video game.

Die Hard (classic) and Unbreakable. One of his better newer films. Though it was a tricky one. Love Looper, Twelve Monkeys, Pulp Fiction, Fifth Element too. Don’t know if it’s just me, but he’s been in a surprising number of sci-fi films.

6. jsicktheslick says:

Excellent game, The Walking Dead, and deserving of the title. The entire list of best games in 2012 is essentially a list of must-play games, and with so much variety that you’ll never be bored.