Poll Results: Best Sam Raimi Film

This one came down to the last day, but we ended up with another tie:

Army of DarknessArmy of Darkness

– The Quick and the Dead: 1 vote
– Crimewave: 0 votes
– Darkman: 0 votes
– For Love of the Game: 0 votes
– Spider-Man 3: 0 votes
– The Gift: 0 votes

I must say I am a little surprised to see Army of Darkness at the top. I know it has a large cult following, but I didn’t fall in love with it like I did Evil Dead 1&2. Also interesting to note that Oz the Great and Powerful is already receiving votes — guess I should check that one out, eh?

This Week’s Poll: Now here’s a question I am surprised I didn’t ask before. It’s another pick two: What is Alfred Hitchcock’s best film? I could have easily went with a pick three or four here due to the size of the man’s filmography, but we’ll stick to the usual. What will you be voting for? The newly-christened “greatest film of all time”, Vertigo? The timeless horror classic, Psycho? How about often-overlooked classics like Notorious or Rope? Let’s hear your thoughts!

Have a great week everyone!

42 thoughts on “Poll Results: Best Sam Raimi Film

1. Steve says:

Rear Window is my favorite. After that, a lot of them vie for attention… Maybe it’s just my thing for Grace Kelly, but I really loved Dial M for Murder. Vertigo, Psycho, and North by Northwest are all close behind.

2. Steve says:

Also: I’m surprised Evil Dead 2 came behind both other Evil Dead films. I always think 2 is the perfect blend between the horror of the first and the goofiness of the third.

3. jackdeth72 says:

Hi, Eric and company:

I also thought ‘Evil Dead’ would crush.

When it comes to Hitch, there’s so much to savor and choose from.

Best (Personally):
    ‘Rope’ from 1948. Basically a stage play brought to life by filming it one act at a time. With no breaks or ‘Cut!”s. The film was in the canister and the scenes played out until the canister was empty.

Very brave, bold and unique for its time!

Most popular (Personally):

‘Psycho’. A superbly executed great, great granddaddy of today’s ‘Slasher’ films. Done with exceptional style and panache.

Hi Jack, yeah it’s tough to narrow down this one to just two films. Glad to see you are also a big fan of Rope! That’s one of my personal favorites as well, and it seems to be overlooked quite a bit when talking about Hitchcock.

4. Bubbawheat says:

If I’d have caught wind of this earlier, I would have pushed Spidey 2 over the top. I’ve actually seen most of his work barring A Simple Plan, Quick and the Dead, and a couple others.

5. The Heretic says:

I tend to see Evil Dead II as the remake of I, although I cannot live without both films for some reason. Army was just pure awesomeness. Can’t wait to see Oz. Voted for Birds and Psycho on Hitchcock poll.

Hitchcock films are one of those things that I have promised myself that I need to see more of. Voted for the couple I have seen – Psycho and The Birds. The Birds was one of the most terrifying film experiences when I was a kid.