Poll Results: Best Alfred Hitchcock Film

And the winner for best Hitchcock film is:

Psycho

– Psycho: 13 votes
– Rear Window: 10 votes
– Vertigo: 9 votes
– The Birds: 6 votes
– North by Northwest: 5 votes
– Notorious: 3 votes
– Rope: 3 votes
– Dial M for Murder: 1 vote
– Frenzy: 1 vote
– Rebecca: 1 vote
– Strangers on a Train: 1 vote

No surprise to see Psycho at #1, but how about the “greatest film of all time”, Vertigo, finishing third? Found that to be a bit interesting. Other than that, nice to see a good variety in votes, with two of my personal favorites, Notorious and Rope, getting mentioned.

This Week’s Poll: This weekend saw the release of Olympus Has Fallen, an action movie in which the US President is kidnapped by terrorists. While I have yet to see this film, it got me thinking about past movie portrayals of the President. There are countless performances that fit the bill, both based on real Presidents and fictional ones. Which performance do you consider the best in film? This is a pick two, so feel free to vote for two options if you want.

Have a great week everyone!

33 thoughts on “Poll Results: Best Alfred Hitchcock Film

1. ckckred says:

I knew Psycho would win. Though I picked Rear Window and Vertigo over it, it still is a great film.

This week I went with Peter Sellers and Daniel Day-Lewis. Sellers is great in Dr. Strangelove and DDL was amazing in Lincoln.

2. The Heretic says:

I picked The Birds along with Psycho. I like The Birds because there are just some scenes that are a bit goofy, like the gas explosion scene with the guy with the cigar.

3. sati says:

Langella gets my vote, Frost/Nixon is one of my all time favs, so regardless of the character he is playing, I have to vote for it πŸ™‚

I’d have thought Birds would be more popular than Rear window, interesting results!

4. jackdeth72 says:

Hi, Eric:

The poll results panned out about as I’d thought. Eclectic as all get out after ‘Psycho’. But that’s human nature.

Hitchcock covered a lot of diverse topics. Sometimes more than once. Along with popularity blurring the line of quality. While creating through intent or folly a new genre. The Slasher Film.

Yeah, it’s crazy to think that the slasher genre can be traced back to Hitchcock, especially when looking at his greater body of work. But Psycho holds up amazingly well, and it’s easy to see why so many people still love it. I was also pleased to see a good variety of votes from Rear Window onward.

I didn’t vote this time as I haven’t seen so many. I’m hoping to get around to more Hitchcock stuff, esp Rear Window, Vertigo and Strangers on a Train!