Poll Results: Preferred Next Gen Console

The gaming world has spoken:

Playstation 4

– Playstation 4: 9 votes
– Xbox One: 4 votes
– PC: 1 vote

Can’t say I am surprised by this one at all. While the Xbox One is looking like a good all-in-one system (aside from, you know, requiring an internet connection to play your games), the Playstation 4 appears to be the best bet for those who just want to play games. It’s pretty amazing that Sony has mustered up so much goodwill simply by maintaining the status quo from the last era. Having no restrictions on used games will do that (among other things). Kudos, Sony, for a hell of an E3 conference. Now don’t screw this up.

This Week’s Poll: Let’s go back to the movies this week. While the internet is buzzing about the recently released Man of Steel, I opted to go see another new movie instead: This Is the End. It was a hell of a lot funnier than I expected, and it seems I made the right choice in seeing it. Expect a review in the next couple days. My question for you this week: who is your favorite actor from the main cast of This Is the End? Are you a Kenny Powers advocate? Are you still ecstatic that Jonah Hill got an Oscar nomination for Moneyball? Let’s hear your thoughts!

Have a great week, folks.

12 thoughts on “Poll Results: Preferred Next Gen Console

1. Steve says:

Hmm, I don’t care much about Jay Baruchel or Danny McBride, so not one of them. James Franco has probably done the best and most varied work over all, but he’s also been, uh, really not very good in some things. I think I’m leaning to Craig Robinson right now. I don’t think I’ve ever thought something he was in was worse because he was in it, which I can’t say for any of the other options.

2. sanclementejedi says:

I like the always on, with a reliable interntet connection aspect of the Xbox One. I for one am sick and tired of dying playing an FPS when someone with a crappy connection is getting the jump on me due to lag compensation.

Well there’s also the potential problem of the Xbox servers going down, rendering everyone’s consoles useless until they go back up. That could be a major disaster, a la what happened with the new Sim City game.

• sanclementejedi says:

Didn’t that already happen to this gen’s sony network for like a month? I don’t think I have not had my system offline for more than an hour or so since i hooked it up.
        I do hope that I don’t have to purchase three xboxes this generation though,that would be nice.

Yeah, Sony’s network went down for a month a couple years back thanks to a hacking attack. That was a huge problem.

I just think it’s ridiculous that Microsoft is even requiring the continuous internet connection. If a system doesn’t go online at least once in 24 hours, no games can be played, even if they are just single player. It’s not a problem for me since I live in a major city, but there are still thousands of people who are stuck with much less reliable internet. Not to mention the soldiers stationed overseas — Microsoft’s answer to them was to just use a 360. Really now? It’s just bad business practice.

3. ckckred says:

I saw This Is The End over the weekend and really enjoyed it as well and the funniest recent movie I’ve seen in quite a while. I voted for Jonah Hill, I enjoyed him in Moneyball and am looking forward to The Wolf on Wall Street.