Poll Results: Best Zombie Film of All-Time

– Dawn of the Dead [1978]: 9 votes
– Night of the Living Dead: 9 votes
– Zombieland: 7 votes
– 28 Days Later: 4 votes
– Braindead (Dead Alive): 3 votes
– Return of the Living Dead: 2 votes

This was a close race all the way, but Edgar Wright’s hilarious 2004 comedy gets the hard-fought victory. Two bona fide George Romero classics finished second and third, and the relatively recent Zombieland put in a good showing as well. Might have to fire up Shaun of the Dead this week.. it has been too long!

This Week’s Poll: Monster’s University was tops at the box office once again this weekend. While I have yet to see the film, I do have a weakness for college movies in general. This week’s question is, what is your favorite college movie? Do you still think nothing can top Animal House? Are you a Will Ferrell junkie that swears by Old School? Or is there something else that you enjoy more?

23 thoughts on “Poll Results: Best Zombie Film of All-Time

1. jackdeth72 says:

Hi. Eric:

A close and heated race, but I’m not surprised at its outcome. Though I am very pleased to see George Romero’s original, ‘Night of the Living Dead’ and ‘Dawn of the Dead’ place so strongly!

As for college films. I have to go with ‘Animal House’ and ‘The Paper Chase’.

Romero certainly had a good showing in the poll — his films accounted for nearly half the votes. Speaking of which, it’s high time that I finally sit down for all of Dawn of the Dead. Have only caught clips of it over the years, unfortunately.

Happy to see Shaun top here 😀

Like Chris, I’ve only seen 3 of these films and like Chris, voted for Good Will Hunting and Social Network. Wow, I need to see more of these films me thinks.

3. tenaciousbitch says:

I totally disagree that SHAUN OF THE DEAD is the best Zombie movie…sorry my vote would be a tie between NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD and ZOMBIELAND – with Zombieland inching its way toward first place every time I see it again because the characters are much more interesting, and what great subplots!! Twinkie anyone??? Besides, Bill Murray’s death scene is a CLASSIC! Maybe, you should ask for votes on that again because I’m thinking that with more votes, you might get a different tally…

As for the best college movie – definitely ANIMAL HOUSE, which was also, coincidentally the first R-rated movie I ever saw in an actual theater when I was in junior high (yes, I snuck in) as opposed to the damaged G-rated version on cable…:)

Best,
    TenaciousBITCH

Oh yeah, I’m a big fan of Zombieland as well. Haven’t seen it since the theater though, so I’m due for another watch. But you’re absolutely right — Bill Murray’s cameo is brilliantly executed. That whole movie is a riot.

And you can’t go wrong with Animal House. Really surprised that one isn’t winning, actually.

Sorry I missed this poll but I’d have to go w/ SHAUN OF THE DEAD also because it’s hilarious! But then again I don’t watch a lot of zombie movies, ahah.