Poll Results: Best X-Men Movie

– X2: 10 votes
– X-Men: First Class: 10 votes
– X-Men: 3 votes
– X-Men: The Last Stand: 2 votes
– The Wolverine: 2 votes
– X-Men Origins: Wolverine: 1 vote

I let this run a little longer in hopes of breaking the tie, but it seems this tie was meant to be. Really interesting that every X-Men film managed to snag a vote, even the much-maligned X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

This Week’s Poll: This past weekend, the new Denzel Washington/Mark Wahlberg film, 2 Guns, finished first at the box office. The reviews have been mixed — it’s sitting at 60% on Rotten Tomatoes right now — but the audiences seem to be enjoying it. This new film provides the opportunity to take a look back at the filmography of one of today’s best actors: what are your TWO favorite Denzel Washington movies? Let’s hear your thoughts!

16 thoughts on “Poll Results: Best X-Men Movie

1. milambc says:

Glad to see First Class getting a lot of love, as it was my favorite of the bunch!

Off the top of my head, my two favorite Denzel movies: Malcolm X and Philadelphia. Two very, very different roles, but two powerhouse performances all the same. Guilty pleasure favorite: John Q. Great movie.

2. keith7198 says:

The first X-Men was the best. X2 was good but it started to drift a little into the abysmal pit the The Last Stand wallowed in. I really didn’t like The Last Stand at all.

3. jackdeth72 says:

Hi, Eric:

‘X-Men: First Class’ was the coolest, most Jack Kirby of the franchise. Though there were many goofs with clothing (mini, short skirts, etc) and weaponry. Russia had nothing close to a “Blue Water Navy”. And Cruise type missiles were a long, long way from the drawing boards during the early 1960s.

For Denzel, I’m going with ‘Malcolm X’ as his best career performance. Followed closely by an “Other”, ‘Devil In A Blue Dress’. “Easy” Rollins makes a great Noir detective. Especially when backed up by Don Cheadle’s “Mouse”.

Hey Jack, interesting notes about First Class. I had a feeling that film took liberties with its time period, but it was still a fun watch.

I haven’t seen Devil In a Blue Dress. Noir, eh? That’s all I need to hear to get me interested. 🙂

4. Paul Bowler says:

Great poll results, didn’t expect it to be a tie between X-2 and XMen First Class. I really like X-2, think its still the best one they have done, although XMen First Class was really good. An interesting result, with all the films getting a few votes, even X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

5. ckckred says:

Nice to see the results. I’ve never been a big Denzel Washington fan, but I thought he was great in Malcolm X and Philadelphia, which are the two movies I voted for.

X-Men was a fantastic film. After all, it kicked off the whole comic book movie craze all over again. Sad it didn’t get more votes. Maybe I should have voted for that instead of X2 and First Class!

This time gone for Training Day and voted for Other – Man on Fire. Think that’s my favourite Tony Scott/Denzel collaboration. I think.