Poll Results: Favorite Ron Howard Film

– Backdraft: 1 vote
– The Da Vinci Code: 1 vote
– Edtv: 1 vote
– Gung Ho: 1 vote
– How the Grinch Stole Christmas: 1 vote
– Rush: 1 vote

Confession time: I have never seen Apollo 13. Judging by the results of this poll, that’s something I need to fix ASAP. Possible entry in next year’s 50 movies project…? Other than that, nice to see so many films get votes, including Howard’s latest, Rush.

This Week’s Poll: Over the weekend, one of the most anticipated films of the year, Gravity, opened with an October record-breaking $55.8 million. Truly amazing numbers, and better yet, it’s getting overwhelmingly positive reviews (98% on Rotten Tomatoes, 8.8 on IMDB). With such a strong opening, it only seems appropriate to take a look at the man behind the film: Alfonso Cuarón. What is your favorite Alfonso Cuarón film? For a director with just seven full-length films to his name, he sure has an impressive (and diverse) resume. Can’t wait to see the results on this one.

Have a great week, folks!

25 thoughts on “Poll Results: Favorite Ron Howard Film

You need to get on that and watch Apollo 13, you won’t regret it.
    Alfonso Cuarón films, I’ve only seen Children of Men, which was alright, but to me a tad over-praised. Have high hopes for Gravity, though!

Heh, yeah Apollo 13 is high in my queue now. It won’t be long before I finally check it out. 🙂

For Cuaron, I recommend checking out Y Tu Mama Tambien. That has been one of the highlights for me in this year’s movie project. Amazing film.

2. The Blog of Big Ideas says:

I am actually watching Gravity later today and I can’t wait.

As for Ron Howard, I voted for the #2 and #3 in the list. I very much like Apollo 13 as well, but now that I look at it, I feel it’s a bit too formulaic and Hollywoodesque for my taste. Still, a very good film, any of the three with most of the votes deserved the top spot.

Hope you enjoyed Gravity! I’ll be seeing it over the weekend.

Yeah, I think I have dodged Apollo 13 over the years simply because it does seem to be very Hollywood. All of these positive comments have me reconsidering though.

3. Paul Bowler says:

You really should watch Apollo 13 its really good. Not surprised to see it top this poll either, its one of my favourites. Actually it was on tv the other night, so I ended up watching it, brilliant!

Good to see Apollo 13 won, but had I voted (WOOPS!) it would have been for Frost/Nixon. So damn engrossing.

Children of Men. Yet to see Gravity, still awaiting its release here 😦

5. jackdeth72 says:

Hi, Eric:

A pleasant given with ‘Apollo 13’ winning the poll. It takes an exceptional director to make rapid calculations with slide rules and whiz wheels dramatic and suspenseful! Great dialogue with a minimum of superbly executed special effects.

Always great to see Ed Harris, Gary Sinise and Joe Spano share screen time!

6. ladyfangtasia says:

I wanted to let you know i like this blog a lot and i’ve nominated you for “The Versatile Bloggers Award”
    Please keep up the good work!
    You ca find my nominations here: http://ladyfangtasia.wordpress.com/2013/10/18/my-nominations-for-the-versatile-blogger-award-and-7-interesting-things-about-me/#more-1084

Moving on, there are apparently a couple of stipulations/rules when it comes to getting nominated for this thing.

Here they are below:

1. Display the Award on your Blog.

2. Announce your win/nom/nod with a post and thank the Blogger who nominated you.

3. Present 15 deserving Bloggers with the Award.
    4. Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
    5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.