Poll Results: Favorite Horror Movie Genre

– Zombie: 3 votes
– Ghost: 2 votes
– Slasher: 2 votes
– Monster: 1 vote
– Possession/Religious: 1 vote
– Vampire: 1 vote

Wow! Was not expecting this one to be such a landslide. Can’t say I disagree with psychological horror finishing #1 though, especially when you consider films like The Shining and Rosemary’s Baby as the prime examples of the genre. I’m surprised some of the other selections received minimal votes (only one for possession?).

This Week’s Poll: Continuing this month’s celebration of all things horror, let’s take a look at some of the best recent films of the genre. This week’s question is a pick two: what is the best horror film from the 2010s (2010-present)? The genre has been getting a resurgence of sorts, so this could provide some interesting, diverse results.

18 thoughts on “Poll Results: Favorite Horror Movie Genre

1. sati says:

Awesome that it won 🙂 I vote for Cabin in the Woods and Conjuring, awesome movies and I’m actually a bit too scared to see Conjuring again.

Nice idea for a poll! I almost picked I Saw The Devil,since I gave it a high rating, but I’m not sure it’s rewatch material for me, due to the subject matter.
    So instead I went with “other” choices Warm Bodies (2013) and Byzantium (2012).
    Heard good things about Jim Jarmusch’s Only Lovers Left Alive (2013) from film festivals, can’t wait to see it.

3. thomasoutt says:

“Προσευχηθείτε για το μωρό της Ρόζμαρι! Αυτό ήταν το πώς η διαφημιστική εκστρατεία ξεκίνησε πριν από την ταινία κυκλοφόρησε. Ακριβώς αυτά τα λόγια σε ένα μικρό μαύρο κουτί. Μόνο οι μυημένοι γνώριζαν την ιστορία. Οι υπόλοιποι από εμάς είχαν μείνει άναυδοι. Ήταν & remanins ένα από τα καλύτερα ταινίες τρόμου όλων των εποχών, με πινελιές χιούμορ που θυμίζουν του Alfred Hitchcock. Roman Polanki είναι μια ιδιοφυΐα. επιλογή του από Mia Farrow για να παίξει Rosemary ήταν τέλεια.

4. Cristina Aurora says:

I’m a huge fan of horror movies and psychological thriller is definitely my favorite. One of the best horror movies I’ve watched is Julia’s Eyes (2010). It’s a Spanish psycho-thriller starring the same actress from The Orphanage (2007). 🙂

Excellent to see that we’re all wusses when it comes to psychological horror films!

Went for The Cabin in the Woods and The Conjuring. Haven’t yet seen the likes of I Saw the Devil or Evil Dead. But Cabin and Conjuring represent two types of horror I love and are so often done wrong.

6. Aaron Baker says:

I’m sort of tied up between Evil Dead and World War Z. In the end I’ll go with Evil Dead, for the following reason: I was TOTALLY expecting to be disappointed by the remake of a classic horror favorite. I was not. However, when it comes to WWZ, I found it to be a very disappointing film, adaptation-wise, but a good film on it’s own terms (much like “The Shining”). So, Evil Dead gets the edge as an awesome film on it’s own rights, as well as doing a great job of satisfying fans of the source material.

I voted for comedy horror, glad it came in second. I generally don’t like horror but the humor does help ease the tension and makes it more palatable for me.