Top 10 Films of 2014

There are still so many films from last year that I need to catch up with (i.e. Nightcrawler, Two Days, One Night, The Imitation Game, and The Theory of Everything, to name a few), but I couldn’t resist sharing my current top 10.

Honorable Mentions: Blue Ruin, X-Men: Days of Future Past, The Babadook, Dead Snow: Red vs. Dead, John Wick

#10 – Cheap Thrills

Enemy [2013]
#2 – Whiplash
Whiplash
#1 – Gone Girl
Gone Girl [2014]

37 thoughts on “Top 10 Films of 2014

Happy to see love for Gone Girl, Boyhood,Snowpiercer, and Under The Skin, all of which I enjoyed. Whiplash I’ll be seeing soon.

Nightcrawler I recommend. I too haven’t seen Imitation Game or The Theory of Everything, both look very oscar-baity, I’m in no hurry to check them out

2. Daniel Nava says:

Great list. Gone Girl and Under the Skin are my favorites from the year, and I’m quite high on Foxcatcher, Whiplash, and Enemy. This reminds me that I really should catch up with the two Raid films.

3. Wendell says:

Very nice. I have Gone Girl in my top spot, at least for now. Under the Skin is amazing. Glad to see some love for Cheap Thrills. Not one of my too 10, but certainly a wild ride. Good stuff.

Hi Eric! Glad to see you post your top 10 man. I haven’t seen Nightcrawler, Two Days, One Night, The and The Theory of Everything either. We share 3 films on our Top 10: #9, 5 and 1. Gone Girl is actually on my #2 w/ Birdman on #1, too bad you didn’t find it worthy to be on your top 10 as that’s the one film I’m rooting for this award season.

5. Dan Heaton says:

I’ve watched six of these, and while my order would be different, I don’t have any strong objections. Enemy is such an intriguing movie, especially with that crazy ending. Snowpiercer was my favorite of the year, and it’s hard to argue with Boyhood.

Enemy has so many layers — I loved reading all of the different fan theories afterward. There are some truly brilliant discussions of it on YouTube that made me look at the film in a new light. Can’t wait to give it another viewing.

It’s still a shame Snowpiercer didn’t get as big of an audience as it deserved. Such a great movie.

6. Victor De Leon says:

wicked list. still haven’t seen under the skin. I think it’s in my queue, now. cant wait. great post!